Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Baby!

My son Antoni will be turning 9 months in a few days and I am kind of stunned by this! I know he is not "1" yet but 9 MONTHS is getting close. I still remember that day in the labor room like it was yesterday, except for the fact that it was not.

June 2,2014
                                                                      
I feel like this time has gone by so fast and it is hard knowing that he is not that little 6lb. 13oz. baby any more. Antoni from the get go was actually never really small to me, I feel like he has grown so fast. When he was 3 months; to me he looked like 5 months. I know he gets it from his fathers side of the family. However this little baby is not so little anymore and it makes me a bit emotional to think about. My husband and I were looking at pictures the other night and just laughing at all the funny faces and how dark he was. HAHAHA we were cracking up. Antoni has seriously been such a gift for the both of us and even though he is giving us a run for our witts he is our sweet gift from God. We have been learning so much with him and at times I feel like the poor kid is the lesson run. An example; At first he slept so well through the night, and then after Thanksgiving last year it has been a battle to get him to sleep the whole night without even waking up once, this has seriously been a ride for us. However I feel like I know how to handle it better now then I used to. I am constantly just seeing the new things he achieves and seeing his strength. My son is pretty strong for his age, at least that is my thought. Let's see some things he has learned to do in the 8 months of life:

  • To smile and laugh more often ( I honestly don't think this is something he learned, but none the less he has become way more out going)
  • Rolling on my belly
  • Kicking my legs and feet
  • Army crawl
  • Pick up my bottle with one hand
  • Roll a ball
  • Throw things on the floor that I don't want.
  • Grunt
  • Yell
  • Crawl
  • Stand up (then yell and cry because I do not know how to get down, and I am stuck!)
  • Stand up in his crib (many of the reasons why we have to lay him like 10 times before he falls asleep)
  • Bounce up and down on my crib mattress
  • Talk to myself
  • Talk with my cousin
  • Drink from a straw
  • Pick up food with his fingers and put in his mouth.
  • Find every single thing on the floor. (where does it go? Straight to his mouth)
  • Shake his head "NO"
  • Swim in the bath tub
  • Sit and look at book
  • Follow me every where, not kidding he will not leave my side
  • Sing to music (every now and then anyway)
  • Bang on cans with our made at home drum sticks
  • Bang on the keys of his baby grand piano
  • Turn when you call his name
  • Knows to get mad when you take something away from him (not like this is something I am going to condone, but the reality of him responding that way makes me know he is developing his social emotional skills)
  • He is still working on playing and entertaining himself for a while.(we are working on that one)
My son has really started to go through his different milestones (from loosing hair to growing more back) and it is astounding to see him develop. I love this little boy so much and can't wait to see all the different hurdles he will overcome. When we get alone one on one time, I just love to kiss on him as much as possible, he is not one for cuddling but when I can, you better be for sure that I will. My son is a one of a kind soul and I hope that Ray and I will be able to bring him up to be a God fearing man. My prayer to God is to always give us the wisdom to raise him correctly; that he be a man after God's heart, loving, respectful, mindful, have a sense of humor and be outgoing. To remember others before himself. Antoni is a pride and joy of mine. Every moment that I have with him I know is a blessing, there I times where I have to remind myself that these moments only come once and that I should savor them to the max, even when he is getting into something that I have pulled him away like 15 times.
That is one thing persistence is key to raising a child, that and so much love.


Love my book
Ikea soft book: $4.00
Ikea Shark: $10.00 he loves to wrestle with it.
            
                                                    



See I love to put anything and everything in my mouth, this is how I learn.




From latest to most recent.

No comments:

Post a Comment