Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake Cookies!

I had been thinking the other day, that I still had not posted any of the recipes of cooked or baked things that I have made. Today while I start baking I remember "o yea, my blog". So I grab my phone and start taking pictures, (please excuse the pictures for the lighting in my kitchen is not the best)either way I had made these already with yellow cake. I was thinking hmmm a chocolate covered strawberry, that would probably be awesome as a cookie. To the kitchen I go and experiment this is what you will need:

  1. Duncan Hines Strawberry cake mix
  2. 1 tspn. Baking powder
  3. 2 large eggs
  4. 1/3 cup oil
  5. 1/2 tspn. Vanilla extract
  6. 1 and 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
  7. 2 separate bowls (1 larger than the other)
Steps:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°
  2. Get a cookie sheet either lined with parchment paper, or a nonstick cookie sheet pan.
  3. In your larger bowl mix the cake mix with the baking powder. Set that to the side.
  4. In your smaller bowl whisk together your eggs, oil, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
  5. Now grab your egg mix and pour into your dry cake mix, make sure to combine well until you get an almost shiny doughy mix.
  6. Now fold in your chocolate chips, to incorporate them really well I did it by 1/4 cups at a time.
  7. After you have it all mixed for smaller cookies take 1Tbspn fulls and put on cookie sheet. For larger cookies do 2TBSPN full.
  8. Now let them bake for about 10 min. After you take them out,let them stand on the baking sheet for 3min. then transfer onto a cooling rack!




Mix before adding in the chocolate chip cookies
 
                                                       
The larger cookie was with 2tbsn of mix, the smaller was with 1tbspn of mix!
 
Last Step:
Grab a cookie and a glass of milk or coffee, sit down and enjoy!
I am not going to lie, they are pretty good not totally like a chocolate covered strawberry but good never the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment